Admission to PSI
Park Spanish Immersion Elementary School (PSI) is one of St. Louis Park Public Schools' four elementary schools, and an option you may consider for your kindergarten student.
Per the PSI Admissions policy, PSI has 88 kindergarten spots available each year, with a limited number of those seats available for open enrollment. If more applications are received than spots available, the district conducts a lottery to determine enrollment per School Board Policy #545.
All inquiring PSI applicants must complete the PSI Lottery Request Form. The PSI Lottery Request Form will open on the Enrollment webpage in early January. This form must be completed and submitted by 4pm on Tuesday, Feb 14, 2023 in order for your student to be considered for enrollment at PSI for school year 2023-2024.
If you are not a resident of St. Louis Park, but seeking enrollment at PSI for your student, you must also complete an Open Enrollment Application.
Please note that siblings of students already attending PSI are NOT automatically enrolled. Sibling preference for St. Louis Park residents will be considered ONLY if your family meets criteria as outlined in the PSI Admissions Policy and if the PSI Lottery Request Form is received by stated deadlines.
- How can I enter in the PSI lottery and what do I need to fill out as a resident applicant?
- When is the deadline to apply for the lottery?
- Do I have priority for the lottery if I live in the school district?
- Can a non-district family apply for the PSI lottery?
- What does a non-resident family need to submit to enter the lottery?
- If I have a student currently attending at PSI, do I have to enter my prospective kindergartener in the lottery for the following school year?
- When will I receive the results of the lottery?
- What if my student doesn't get placed?
- How long can a student stay on the waitlist?
- What if I want to keep my student on the waitlist after 1st grade?
- What if I have a student entering to other grade besides kindergarten? Do I need to enter the student in the lottery too?
- What if I am planning to move to St. Louis Park? What are my chances of being enrolled at PSI?
- If I moved out of the district after the lottery results, do I lose my spot at PSI?